My blog's evilness ==

This site is certified 38% EVIL by the Gematriculator

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Why was Star Wars cool? One man's opinion:

Bear in mind that I was 6 or 7 when I saw it.

Anyway - the trash compactor. And the incidental music during the trash compaction.

Why did that particular scene ring the badass bell in my head when I saw it? Maybe that is just where the backlog of mind-blowings caught up with me. Maybe it's the peek into the implied backdrop (of course a Death Star will generate garbage - wonder what they do with it?). Pretty prosaic epiphany...

The Jawa music too was cool.

1 comment:

christian said...

That was a pretty great scene, huh? Reminds me of a scene in Firefly where the captain is taking a leak, then pushes the toiled back into its compartment. It's neat to see hints of "reality" in sci-fi.